Recall codless nailer

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today a public safety notice for the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using the products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels and an instruction manual insert.
Name of Product: Porter-Cable Cordless Brad Nailer
Units: About 25,000
Manufacturer: Porter-Cable, of Jackson, Tenn.
Hazard: The nailer can eject a nail while the switch is in the "off" position if the trigger is pulled and it is placed on a surface. This can pose a serious injury to consumers or bystanders.
Incidents/Injuries: Porter-Cable has received two reports of injuries, including puncture wounds to the leg and back requiring surgical removal of the nail.
Description and Models: The nailer is used to drive nails into wood. Model number BN200V12 is located on the name plate on the magazine of the unit. "Porter+Cable" is printed on the nailer's motor housing.
Sold at: Major home center and hardware stores nationwide from September 2001 through December 2005 for between $230 and $280.
Manufactured In: Taiwan
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the nailer immediately and contact Porter-Cable to receive free caution labels and an instruction manual insert.
Consumer Contact: For more information, call Porter-Cable toll-free at (800) 940-3126 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at www.Porter-cable.com
"Tom O'Connor" wrote...

That's a hoot! They're not going to fix the gun, they're just going to give you a sticker, but don't use that nail gun until it gets a sticker on it!
The sticker reads:
Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
-- Timothy Juvenal www.rude-tone.com/work.htm
Hambone Slim (in zGTpg.136$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net) said:
| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. | Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible | to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
ROFLMAO!
[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

LOL ... Now it's my turn to ruin a perfectly good monitor.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Better yet, the label should read...
WARNING!!!!!
ON/OFF Switch Broken
Treat and Use this nail gun like any other "Air Type" nail gun
After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer needs with cod in the first place...
John E.

cod?

Leon (in 2O9qg.33672$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com) said:
| || After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a || nailer needs with cod in the first place... || | cod?
John missed the part about "codless" nailer.
Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D
Hmmm...if I missed it how'd I call attention to it...?
All I know is that all of my air nailers are "codless", and will remain that way...
John E.

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs, or....

I heard that B&D was developing a salmonless brad driver... Mac
I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a hammer.
John wrote:

I've got my fathers corded, 120VAC, hammer, complete with eyes so the hammer knows where to strike. Should I stop using it? The plug isn't keyed to use the newer safety outlets. Joe
Leon wrote:

He means codpiece. Recall was because it hurt too much.