Recall codless nailer

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today a public safety notice for the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using the products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels and an instruction manual insert.

Name of Product: Porter-Cable Cordless Brad Nailer

Units: About 25,000

Manufacturer: Porter-Cable, of Jackson, Tenn.

Hazard: The nailer can eject a nail while the switch is in the "off" position if the trigger is pulled and it is placed on a surface. This can pose a serious injury to consumers or bystanders.

Incidents/Injuries: Porter-Cable has received two reports of injuries, including puncture wounds to the leg and back requiring surgical removal of the nail.

Description and Models: The nailer is used to drive nails into wood. Model number BN200V12 is located on the name plate on the magazine of the unit. "Porter+Cable" is printed on the nailer's motor housing.

Sold at: Major home center and hardware stores nationwide from September

2001 through December 2005 for between $230 and $280.

Manufactured In: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the nailer immediately and contact Porter-Cable to receive free caution labels and an instruction manual insert.

Consumer Contact: For more information, call Porter-Cable toll-free at (800) 940-3126 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at

Tom O'Connor

That's a hoot! They're not going to fix the gun, they're just going to give you a sticker, but don't use that nail gun until it gets a sticker on it!

The sticker reads:

Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

-- Timothy Juvenal

Hambone Slim

| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. | Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible | to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

ROFLMAO!

[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]

Morris Dovey

LOL ... Now it's my turn to ruin a perfectly good monitor.

Reply to
Swingman

Better yet, the label should read...

WARNING!!!!!

ON/OFF Switch Broken

Treat and Use this nail gun like any other "Air Type" nail gun

Reply to
Leon

After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer needs with cod in the first place...

John E.

Reply to
John Emmons

cod?

Reply to
Leon

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

Morris Dovey

Hmmm...if I missed it how'd I call attention to it...?

All I know is that all of my air nailers are "codless", and will remain that way...

John E.

Reply to
John Emmons

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs, or....

Reply to
Leon

He means codpiece. Recall was because it hurt too much.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I heard that B&D was developing a salmonless brad driver... Mac

mac davis

I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a hammer.

Reply to
John

I've got my fathers corded, 120VAC, hammer, complete with eyes so the hammer knows where to strike. Should I stop using it? The plug isn't keyed to use the newer safety outlets. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman