rec.woodworking book?

Why doesn't rec.woodworking band together and write a book about an aspect of woodworking. Like Hand planes and planing? The cumulative knowledge here seems to be more than elsewhere.

Peter

Reply to
petermichaux

Probably 'cuz if you took all the posters of rec.woodworking and lined us up end-to-end, we'd point in all directions?

Reply to
Charles Krug

Wed, Feb 23, 2005, 10:04am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com asks: Why doesn't rec.woodworking band together and write a book about an aspect of woodworking. Like Hand planes and planing? The cumulative knowledge here seems to be more than elsewhere.

Been done.

Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

I'd suggest "Buying a tablesaw" as a first title.

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Have you ever tried to herd cats?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
Eddie Munster

But we'd all be having fun.

Actually, several editors and writers of many of the woodworking magazines monitor the group, along with WoodCentral forums and the like, and do articles on some of the threads "gems".

The real challenge would be organizing anarchy - herding cats would be a hell of a lot easier.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

it's called google.

Reply to
bridger

Because it's too much like work. Sharing knowledge is fun. Writing a book is a hassle. Besides, it's too much like what some of us do for a living.

--RC (who's written about a dozen of the damn things)

Reply to
Rick Cook

LOL! Very L!

Dan

Reply to
d.kessell

We would not.

Reply to
Jeff P.

We most certainly wood.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

We wood knot! Ha, let's see you top that one.

Reply to
Jeff P.

(sigh)...not this agrain.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Herding cats is easy. You shoot 'em and stack 'em.

Steve Stripling Huntville, AL

Reply to
striplings

You mean a top knot?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Frayed not.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Oh what the hey . . .

Okay, for our first article, what is the ONE CORRECT WAY to make a dado?

*grins wickedly and ducks*
Reply to
Charles Krug

I know..don't pay her. Or is that another.... oooops

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

1: Start with wood 2: A miracle happens 3: Voila! a perfect dado.

(We might have to be a little more in that second step.)

Reply to
Philip Lewis