reasons to buy/not buy a Jet JML-1014 midi lathe

Hello all -
I have always found good advice about buying tools from this group in the past.
I'm looking at the Jet JML-1014 midi lathe. It recieved an "{Editor's Choice" in the December 2005 Workbench magazine.
It seems this model has been around for some time.
This is my first lathe and before commiting to a full-size one, want to spend some time doing smaller projects.
Does anyone have an opinion about this. ;-)
Thanks Michael Shapiro snipped-for-privacy@a2s2.com or snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The Jet Mini is one of the most highly respected lathes in this size. You won't go wrong with getting one of these. (Disclaimer, I have the Delta Midi, which is almost identical to the Jet Mini.)
Do a google search of the rec.crafts.woodturning newsgroup and you'll find high praises for this Jet lathe. Also, come hang out over there to "meet" a bunch of friendly and always helpful turners.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
On 26 Nov 2005 20:25:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's a MINI... Delta makes the MIDI and the 2 lathes are the same size... weird, huh??
I have one and love it.. upgraded to a Jet 1442 and still love the mini...
Check out the group at rec.crafts.woodturning opinions on your question were discussed today..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
We carry the Mini Lathes and they are on Special from JET.
http://www.etoolclub.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=browse&CID 68
If you need any additional information on any of the models, please let me know.
We also carry the Mini Lathe VS Retro Kit (conversion from 1014 to 1014VS) if anyone is looking for that. We have seen some postings where others have been looking for this kit but were unable to find it.
We have had only great feedback from customers who have bought the mini lathe. Jet's mini lathe has been a very good product for us has a good reputation.
Brandon The Support Team