Really Dumb idea, Planing PCB?

Dear All,

I have to fix a mistake.

I face screwed a cabinet where I shouldn't have, DOH!

The material is pre-finished flat sawn hard maple veneer particle core board.

It is only one small part I need to cover up, I was thinking about resawing a piece of 1/8" off of a spare panel, and planing it down as thin as I can to recover the prefinished veneer and then gluing it onto the side of the cabinet.

Anyone ever planed particle board?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Thickness sander.

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust

David, It's hard on blades but planes OK,

What about a plug?

Dave

TeamCasa

I'd consider making plugs. I'd even drill a couple of more holes if I had to in order to balance out the appearance. Plugs will be very subtle and people will think they belong there.

I'd be afraid to plane something like that. One tiny ooops and you start over. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski