Really?

Page 3 of 3

Outside of the fervent religious zealots, there may have been a little ergotamine and some land-grabbing. But I get your meaning.
On 5/11/2010 8:37 PM, Steve wrote:

I had to look that up - and got quite an eye-opener. I'm not sure how I managed to remain so completely ignorant of that aspect for twenty-five years, but really do appreciate the nudge.
Thank you.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
wrote the following:

I can understand shooting an advancing pit bull, but I've never seen an attack corgi, have you? http://fwd4.me/NpV Vicious!

If his parents are druggies, the kid probably already does. <shrug>

OH, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I think it might be a good idea to closely check the stories of the team who entered and those who shot. Methinks it might have been a newbie, all hopped up on adrenaline, who took the dogs down.

Indeed. I can see why they went armed into a house which was suspected of -large- quantities of pot. Bigger dealers are usually armed to protect their large values of the drugs. It's why I carry when I got out taking photos of the hills, hiking back to waterfalls and such. If I run across a pot field, I'm outta there, but I have my six covered.
P.S: Whatever happened to the SWAT teams using beanbag guns during residential takedowns? I thought all towns had bought into those non-lethal alternatives.
-- You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless, and the honest desire to help other people, will, in the quickest and delicatest ways, improve yourself. -- John Ruskin
On 5/11/2010 9:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

And if it had been (mistakenly, of course) /your/ house in which the seven shots were fired - and /your/ child's hearing - would /you/ just suck it up?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

What a comforting thought, Norbert the Newbie with an automatic weapon, busting down your door to save you from the bad guys. The people who train and test SWAT teams make a point of finding those guys, one of their favorite tricks being manipulating the SWAT team into shooting the hostages in training scenarios (with Simunitions or paintball guns). Trigger-happy rookies are not supposed to be on the team--this is what happens when they try to turn county-mounties into Delta Force.
DGDevin wrote:

A few months ago, and a few blocks from my front door, an FBI agent was killed after an early morning raid on a local drug dealer. They broke down the door,the guy escaped out the back door whilst his wife, also a crack head, shot and killed the FBI agent, claiming she thought he was an intruder.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/19/AR2008111901516.html
Personally, I have little trust in government, and less for crack heads.
I know it's easy to judge from either side when you are at home, typing in your underwear, sipping coffee.
--
Jack
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion!

I wonder if the war on drugs was worth it to Hicks wife and 3 year old child.