real butch block tables

I just have to make this observation . real butcher block table surfaces are for the most part end grain pieces of wood encased in a wooden frame . At the end of the day most are cleaned with a very coarse wire brush . In time deep valleys are worn in the surface after successive cleanings and the top discarded .....mjh
-- mike hide
Mike Hide wrote:

When I was a kid I used to work part time for a butcher. There were two different types of tables. A chopping block (end grain) and a butchering table (edge grain). Guess who got to clean them.

Actually they are sold to interior designers who resell them to rich yuppies in California for 500 times their orig. cost... DD
"It's easy when you know how..." Johnny Shines