Reading Safety Glasses

I'm looking for safety glasses where the entire lens is a 2.0 reading glass, not a bifocal. I tried the bifocal but it's hard to use when I'm working on something above my head.
Thanks,

Mag-safe
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Next
In article <0c3ea29f-f96a-45c2-b040-dc4433ce7bb0@

Ordered. Thanks!

I'm sure an optometrist would be more than happy to make you up a pair. Every optometrist I've gone to sells prescription safety glasses, which are typically much cheaper (as much as 60%) than regular stylish glasses.
If you already have safety glasses and just need occasional magnification, check out a local fishing shop, specially one dedicated to fly fishing. I bought a pair of flip up magnifiers in 3X for tying flies and tippets. They also came in 1X, 2X and even 4X. Not really sure if they're technically the same as dioptor graded reading glasses, but great for short period usage and much less expensive. I paid only $15, cheaper than most reading glasses.
nb

My old man did wiring work and needed the overhead vision too. The company supplied him with saferty glasses that had reading sections both high and low with plain glass in the center. I don't know who they got tnem from tho. Art

Try www.safetyglassesusa.com. They've got all kinds of safety bifocals, including sunglasses and the high/low combination you're describing. I can't remember the price, but I've got a pair for exactly the same reason as your dad.
Brian
I have polycarbonate trifocals. You can have the Rx ground so the the upper and lower are for close-up and the middle is for intermediate distances.

Dollar store, $1 per pair, cheap enough to lose. They work perfectly for reading a tape, though I wouldn't trust them where I need impact resistance.

You can glasses made with the bifocal on the top of the lens.
-Zz
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:16:51 -0500, sam wrote:

Why not just put the book in your lap? Then you won't be dropping it on your head, so you won't need safety glasses either.