Reading Cedar Planter Box Dimensions?

I've been asked by a friend to build a planter box made with Northern White Cedar. I was given dimensions of the box as 61" x 18" x 26.5". There were no indications of length height and width, but obviously the box will be 61" long. Without benefit of W and H indicators, what would be the protocol for reading 61" x 18" x 26.5"? Should the height be 26.5 or is that the width? My friend is unavailable for consultation on this. The planter will hold LLEX Crenata (a species of Japanese Holly, to 4 feet high.

Thanks.

John

Reply to
John

Only my opinion:

A planter would be 61" long (left to right), 18" deep (front to back) and

26.5" high to hold a hedge-type group of plants, otherwise it's rather shallow and more square which makes less sense to me.

Unfortunately your friend might accidently get what he specified -- it's good of you to question it.

Reply to
Stephen

Protocol for corrugated boxes is L x W x H I would imagine this is the same.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I would have to agree...

Reply to
terry boivin

My thanks to Stephen, JT, Edwin, and Terry. Now I know. It's L x W x H. Now lets hope that the next person who wants something built know it, too.

Thanks aga>I've been asked by a friend to build a planter box made with Northern

Reply to
John