Page 1 of 2
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1
Read every SINGLE word!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1
I read the first sentence and almost went into cardiac arrest.
Unfortunately, its not the minorities nor the poorer persons that are losing there homes. Its wanna be's who bought a more (overpriced) home than they could afford and real estate speculators.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Umm... Wanna be's also happen to be the poorer persons and minorities. Because they are poorer than what is required to be able to afford a home, they are loosing their homes...
On 1/15/2010 11:23 PM, Michael Kenefick wrote:

Missing the point, are we? Did you happen to notice how your country was brought to its knees DIRECTLY by policies outlined in the decade old article?
Have you noticed that these very same folks are pointing the finger of blame at others?
Basically, you are collectively a damn bunch of fools ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Ditto the first sentence. All I can say is
"CHRIST, NOT AGAIN! Didn't they !@#$%#$ learn the first time?" Then I saw the 1999 date on the thing.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1
Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize when we make 'em again.
:-/
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 1/15/2010 11:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

Did you read the VERY last line ??
A version of this article appeared in print on September 30, 1999, on page C2 of the New York edition.
--------------050506020102050006010308 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
On 1/15/2010 11:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote: On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1
Read every SINGLE word!!
Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize when we make 'em again.
:-/
Did you read the VERY last line ??
A version of this article appeared in print on September 30, 1999, on page C2 of the New York edition.
Actually that was at the very top of the article also.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html?pagewanted=1
Certainly glad that was written over 10 years ago.

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it wasn't the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.
Doug Miller wrote:

The president is not much of an issue. Its the Senate and the Congress that's screwing the country. The presidents main job is to focus your attention on hisself while the rest of the government rapes you. Give me control of the house and senate and the president can be about anyone you can dream up.
--
Jack
Got Change:More Spending!More Unemployment!More Government!Less freedom!
On 1/16/2010 11:47 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

Even worse than that ... give me control of printing your money, and it makes no difference who you elect, in any branch of government.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

And still worse, let the federal government control the education system and it will control our kids minds.
Rick Perry finally did something good by turning down the $750,000,000 offered by the feds to take control of our education system in Texas.
Had he taken the money he would have traded what little control we have left in our childrens educations for "2" days funding of the education system in Texas.

If you want to believe it was turned down for such altruistic reasons, I guess that is your right. However, all of the school districts and even states saying that they are "turning down" the federal money are in fact accepting theTeacher Union's demands that they not be subjected to any evaluations or any significant measurement of individual performance. I really am not a fan of Obama, but his attempt to inject at least a little tiny bit of accountability into the teaching "profession" through this "race to the top" giveaway deserves some props.
Dave Hall
Leon wrote:

along those lines:
<http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/15/students-evacuated-school - chollas-view/>
Somebody in that school district, starting with the Vice Principal needs to sued, prosecuted, and/or fired. Stupidity *should* hurt.
The parents won't be prosecuted, but should receive counseling. Why in heaven's name do *they* need counseling. The Vice Principal who wet himself over a science project at a school that *specializes" in technology is the one who needs counseling.
What if the firefighters had found a can of gasoline or a propane bottle in the garage? Were the police then going to arrest someone?

Rob Leatham
On 1/17/2010 11:51 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

The "educated beyond their intelligence" doing the educating ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 04:49:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I was in mortgage banking at the time.
The banking industry wanted the noose off, from around their necks, so they could be free to make as MANY LOANS and as MUCH MONEY as humanly possible.
They lobbied ... fiercely ... for the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act, among other things, and the passage of GrammLeachBliley Act, among others.
Clinton was an idiot for going along with the notion, but -- make no mistake about who pushed for every single bit of at least this part of the meltdown.
We privatized profits, and we socialized loss.
On 1/16/2010 12:37 PM, Revivul wrote:

Good way to put it ... so damn true it makes you want to scream in frustration.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08