Re: wrench for old WEN router

I am not real sure if I have this correct but I THINK the name of the wrench you are looking for is called a spanner. It looks like a half circle with a hook at the tip pointing to the inside. The hook locks into the groove and when you push the handle the hook drags the ring around to loosen or tighten. Now I don't know where to get one but if the name is right you may be able to find what you are looking for. Larry "G.E.R.R.Y." I was recently given a WEN plunge router which, as old as it is, still

looks like new. On contacting the company after much web searching, I > was told that they haven't made routers in many years. They still have > a manual for it which they will send me if I send them TWO WHOLE > DOLLARS (US). By the time I go to the bank to get US dollars and pay > for postage and a money order, you'd think they could have sent it > C.O.D. /or/ /even/ /for/ /free/. > > Now, here's the part where I ask for help from rec.ww members. The > company does NOT have the special wrench needed for inserting or > removing bits. I have checked the BORG and a few other places and have > come up empty-handed because of the router's age. Does anyone have one > of these wrenches lying around that they'd be willing to part with for > a nominal fee? > > Sort of a description: > the special wrench for the collet (?) nearest the body of the router > has to hold it solidly to keep it from rotating so that the lower one > can be loosened to remove the bits. That upper collet is round and has > a kind of slot in the centre, so the wrench would have to have a > protruding piece in the middle (sort of like a rounded letter U with an > upwards point in the middle of its rounded bottom). If you can figure > out what I mean, you're geniuses because I know that I'm not explaining > it very well. ;-) > > Gerry
Reply to
larry in cinci

I know exactly what you mean. Rather good description. I have never seen a router that needed such a wrench but I have seen them for other things. Near as I know, these are made by the manufacturer for the specific piece of equipment. I have never seen them sold separately. You may have to make one. "G.E.R.R.Y." I was recently given a WEN plunge router which, as old as it is, still

Reply to
CW