Re: wrench for old WEN router

I am not real sure if I have this correct but I THINK the name of the wrench you are looking for is called a spanner. It looks like a half circle with a hook at the tip pointing to the inside. The hook locks into the groove and when you push the handle the hook drags the ring around to loosen or tighten. Now I don't know where to get one but if the name is right you may be able to find what you are looking for. Larry

I know exactly what you mean. Rather good description. I have never seen a router that needed such a wrench but I have seen them for other things. Near as I know, these are made by the manufacturer for the specific piece of equipment. I have never seen them sold separately. You may have to make one.

I hadn't thought of that. By the description, I was thinking of a different type. If it is indeed a spanner (American spanner, the Brits call an open end wrench a spanner), track down a Snap-On dealer. They have them. Others do to but these are easiest to find (around here anyway).

I forgot to mention that Snap on is extremly proud of their tools.