RE: wreck t-shirts

How about "Wreckers do it in the sawdust" or "Woodworkers do it with sawdust"
How about "I'm a total wreck".
rik
--

Padded room with a view
RWC3

NO YOU DIDN'T!
Jim

"Wrecktal Examiner" ?
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

wrecked em? damn near killed em!
Traves
Front:
How much wood would a wood chucker chuck if a wood chucker could chuck wood?
Back:
None! (duh)
pixelated:

You mean you identify with it, right? DAMHIKT

I'm a Wreck Normer
rec.norm
I'm a Wreck Neanderthal
Wreck Neanderthal
- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - -------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Web App & Database Programming
Does the troll get a t shirt? What would it say?
snip Johan Lexington wrote:

Dave in Fairfax
how about "I wood survive getting wrecked" "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way......"
(Rick) wrote:

Front: Woodworking? Back: wRECkin' I Wood!
Digger

Those are great! The art is very well done. I think I'd like one of those if they are available on "big boy" sizes! Double Bubba sizing, ya know.
Digger
"Digger" <DW> writes:

cordless drill... ;)
--
be safe.
flip
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:42:46 -0500, "Digger" <DW> wrote:

Ok, fine-- I'll be the doo-doo head here. I'm all for a wReck T-shirt, and would buy and wear one. But not the one I saw.
I'm wondering at the reasoning that says it's a good idea to blatantly associate Norm and Roy with this group when they're not contributors to it. (Do they _know_ they're on it?)
Is rec.woodworking about what your T-shirt says it's about? Since no one "owns" the newsgroup, anyone if free to do what they want, I guess, but sure seems to me that before you go _selling_ something with a name on it that a lot of people have committed a lot of time to, you'd do a little pondering on the responsibility that goes with it.
I've seen several witty suggestions for taglines that would be both appropriate and humorous, offered by people who regularly read the group and any of them, I think, would be more appropriate to (what I percieve to be) the nature of our group.
"Yeah, but we talk about Norm and Roy all the time!" Well, we talk about JOAT and that dickhead crossposter from the dental group, too, but that doesn't qualify either of them for T-shirt fame.
And they're on this group a LOT more than N & R. ;>
Michael Baglio Chapel Hill
Anyone else would recognize the faceless people you mention?
As symbols of woodworking, the odd couple are a fine choice, recognizable by many.
If the group were to honor JOAT, there would be no shirts, it would be all caps....

I'll agree with Michael - witty sayings suggested much better than N&R images. I don't care if folks recognize their (N&R) mugs; I think an appropraite saying that would capture the spirit of the group, as well some version of "rec.ww'g" (or the wRECk, or...) on the shirt would be great.
Renata

Pretty neat, but she'd better be prepared for the nastygrams she'll get from Norm and Roy's lawyers for using and profiting from their images without permission.
B.

Okay jo4hn, I'll give up the jummywood idea. Why not something directly related to this group - like:
Join us at the wRECk? rec.woodworking and have a picture like a handplane on it or something?
I've got a shop apron that has many autographs of some of the wreckers here on the ng. I would like to see the same on the back of the tee shirt (except in print.) How about having everyone who would like the shirt to list their "screen name" on the back of it?
Just a thought . . .
Jummy

pixelated:

All the normites here on rec.Norm will loooove that one, Jums.
- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases