Re: Woodpeckers Wonderfence?

Scott you should avoid binary attachments in this news group, a link probably would have been more effective.
I have bought many things from Woodpeckers at woodworking shows and through their website woodpeck.com. They primary sell Incra & CMT products which are two of my favorite brands.
I have the wonder fence, but don't use every attachment all the time. I mostly use it as a router fence which can be adjusted very quick with precise repeatability, versas using it as a dovetail jig. I will be attempting to build more than 20 drawers with dovetails this year so we'll see if mine turn out like the live demostration and videos I've seen.
As a percision router fence it is great. The LS Positioner has several slots for rulers, so you can have one set to the center of your bit as well as one set to the edge and still others ready to go for various joinery settings. I can walkup and set the fence to anything until about 25" in 1/32 increments, route a dado using a CMT 23/32" plywood bit and have a perfect dado. And I mean perfect, beyond anything I was able to do with my Freud Dado set. The next day when I go back out, I can hit the exact same setting dead on, in a matter of seconds.
Dado's on your router table will be restricted to how large a router table you have built. I went large and haven't had to go back to dado's on the table saw too much (but it does happen). I basically built Dizzy's router table (welded frame and everything) only slightly larger. I highly recomment the Percision Router Lift also. So now you're talking about a huge investment in a router table if you commit a PC 7518 to the lift also.
Dizzy's site: http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk /
Kevin in Bakersfield
They are pretty much on the same level of service/quality as Rockler/WoodCraft/etc
Have ordered from them in the past, and would order again if they had what I wanted and the price was right
John
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:21:12 -0500, "Scott Willett"

thanks for the input. I did not mean to attach a file, I did a copy and paste from the web site to get the correcting wording of the wonderfence. Once again my apologies to all.
Thanks
Scott