Re: Woodcraft Plane Tune-up Demonstration

Bill Rittner wrote:

I think they all have them from what I read in the mailer. It was a nice day to work in my own shop so that is where I was. Ttomorrow when it is 14 degrees and too cold to go out there, I'd rather be a at a demo. Shame they can't schedule them for days that are not good shop day. -- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Hey Ed,
Lucky you. I was all set to get a nice full day of shop time today. The only hitch was SWMBO needed to get her hair cut @ 11:30. I figured, good opportunity for me to be "thoughtful", so I took her car to the dealer (free oil change for life deal), went to UPS and post office, and was back by 10. I watched the kid as she got ready for her haircut, and I even folded 2 loads of laundry and started another.
She didn't get back until 5. Sigh. Said she had "errands" on the cell phone, and all she came back with was one outfit - for the kid! THEN, she insisted I make food for the baby and feed him (which I enjoy, so I thought "I can still go out after that"). THEN, she announced it was bath time. THEN she looked at me all pouty-faced and said "It's valentine's day, can't you just spend some time with me for a change and watch a movie with me?". Big sigh.
So, she's putting the little munchkin to sleep now and I'm supposed to pick out a movie.
So much for the warm day in the shop.
Mike
p.s. she still managed to ask me why the high chair and wall shelves aren't finished yet.

Mike in Mystic wrote:

Well, if the trade off is a warm night someplace, it may be worth it. There are a few "activites" better than woodworking.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
She already fell asleep.
As Charlie Brown would put it "Rats".
Story of my life.
Oh well, at least I taped the NYW episode.

there was one at the local woodcraft here in tigard oregon. I had forgotten about it. there is also a LN verses knight-toolworks planeoff that I did not even know about till a friend showed me about it. I may want to drop in on that one (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Now that would be fun. Do they know you there? Just lurk in the back and see what they do, while having a perfectly tuned plane at the ready to demo. If they screw up, they you just introduce yourself and give a real demo.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

some of the employee's do the manager does as he has bought planes for the store.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes