Re: Woodbruning stove.

I have some suggestions for your new shop, but your email address rejected.

Don Dando

Hi all, > I've recently moved to a northern state, after 40 years in soutwest Florida, > and I'm going to build a brand new workshop from scratch, about 24' x 36'. > I'm drawing it up in AutoCAD right now and I'm presently considering the > location of a woodburning stove in the shop to keep it warm and as a means > of disposing of cut-off material. > > A 24'x36' shop is not the biggest shop in the world and it seems you tend to > grow into the space you're allocated so I'm trying to figure out the things > that might effect the location of the stove. > > The shop will also be airconditioned, it will also have a trussed roof with > a 6/12 pitch, 2x6 walls 10' high, with 1/2" plywood & vinyl lap siding > exterior, R19 and 1/2" plywood interior walls, drywall ceiling with R30, a > 16'x8' overhead door, 1 or 2 3' service doors, several windows. > > Should the stove be located toward the middle of the space to provide an > evenness to the heat distribution or should it be located close to an > exterior wall to facilitate a chimney pipe that is not 2 miles long? > > Decisions, decisions.....LOL > > Any suggestions are 'preciated. > >
Reply to
Don Dando

The stove is to provide heat throughout the shop. Like the fireplace built into a home. Those use fans to circulate the heat. A stove (concrete slab and back (three layers of tile backer board covered with tile) for safety - also holds heat) at the closed end of the shop with the chimney/flue running through the "attic" area. A metal ductwork above/about the flue running the length of the shop attic and vented at the "door" end would allow circulating heated air (another temp controlled fan).

In theory, the duct work should also serve the air-conditioning.

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS