Re: wood selection question

Thanx for the input. Don't care for MDF so I've narrowed it down to two scenarios. If I confirm that I'm going to do a paint finish, I'll go with ply sides and use eother poplar or ash for the doors, drawers, etc. If I decide to leave it unpainted, then I'm going to make it a good quality piece and use either walnut or mahogany - leaning toward mahogany.

Have the design sketched out, just haven't decided if I'm going to make a piece of furniture for myself or just something to hold my booze stash. Since I have no SWMBO any longer, I get to make the decision all by my lonesome. :)

Thanx again -

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Having been divorced twice, let me offer a suggestion... decide on the plan and material BEFORE sampling the contents of the cabinet.. you can get some really weird plans after a few drinks.. BTDT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Vic Baron

I was going to ask the same thing.

Max D.

Reply to
Max

"Vic Baron" wrote in news:xQE4e.1867$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

If it's going to be painted, I'd pick poplar.

Reply to
Nate Perkins