Re: Wood Panel Glue-Up question:

Thanks, John...I do have a DeWalt biscuit cutter, just didn't think to use it.
Do you think it would be acceptable to cut an 1/8 spline on each connecting panel via my tablesw blade, then fitting a piece of 1/8 ply in there? I'd think that would be much easier, but dunno if it's considered 'wrong'.

island....the
Either splines or biscuits would help keep the parts aligned, but possibly not flat.
For a one-shot final flattening I would look for a woodshop that does some custom work. It may not be cheep, but spread over the years that kitchen island top should last the cost of having it planed might be worth it.

--
Michael Vore, W3CCV M-ASA [Ka8]; WHIRL, ABC; CAW, CW, AAW
http://mike.vorefamily.net/ohmywoodness <-Custom Woodworking

and
hold