Re: Wood Filler - Any Suggestions TIA "P9160076.JPG" (3/3) yEnc 1023964 Bytes

Famowood, solvent based. Use their "Fir" color for red oak. Available at Woodcraft.
Rumpty wrote:

I will second Famowood. The oak is more of a brown. Good for white oak and light red oak. The red oak is more red and blends well with red oak. It stains great. Just keep the lid on the can. You can also get the solvent to thin it down if the can sets up a little. The solvent goes a long way.
Jody wrote:

You can also use a touch of Acetone instead of buying the specific solvent.
I have a local paint store that sells Famowood, so if Woodcraft isn't easy to get to, ask! I've learned that so many of the finishing products we get from specialty retailers are distributed by the same wholesalers who supply paint stores, it never hurts to ask in da' hood.