Re: Will this work?

David wrote:

I've done exactly the same thing, works fine.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

yep. 3 flipper doors, with slideout shelves for everything so i don't have to move it to get to the cabling. actually, about 9 months ago i asked about horizontal flipper door mechanisms, and this was the application and final result.
http://groups.msn.com/chaniarts/woodworking.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID74
first time i used bloodwood. it has a very interesting smell that made me hungry when i was milling it up.
it was also the first time i just started cutting parts without a plan, just a few measurements for width of doors and depth. the only requirement from swmbo was to not have glass doors so she didn't have to see the equipment. my cats like to sleep on the open doors.
regards, charlie http://glassartists.org/chaniarts
<snip>

thrill to the project. Krenov describes something similar (on his plane, not mine ;-)) in one or two of his books. When you only have a limited amount of a certain wood, and getting something from another plank would make it look different, it either succeeds or fails.
Sort of the cabinetmaker's version of working without a net.
Patriarch
If that's the case, I've had plenty of thrills in the shop! :)
Dave