Re: Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

I believe that was more or less the gist of what Eve said to Adam.
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Hmm - I'm inclined to believe Adam was a sourpuss who couldn't take a ribbing...
...and I'm inclined to believe that they weren't actually driven out of a garden - rather that they took for granted, then forgot, the gifts all around them.
Scapegoating Eve doesn't seem to have improved anything. Perhaps it's time to let go of that lame old excuse and rediscover forgotten gifts.
Today I'm liking sweet song from the next room and sunbeams thru my windows...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
MikeWhy wrote:

So, in the not too distant future, all my big iron and power tools will be considered used for making hand made furniture, and I am the Galoot of the future?
--
Jack

If your shop only ever produces dovetails and mortises, yes. You're already far behind! Get moving.
MikeWhy wrote:

I do make dovetails by hand, with a hand held router. Also make mortises by hand, with a mortising machine. I joint edges by running planks over my jointer, by hand. I'll probably still be doing this stuff by hand when the rest of the world just plugs in their CNC router, turns on the PC with a drawing (sketchup no doubt) and a big hunk of wood magically becomes a dining room table, or a sign, or a lamp, or a pencil holder. Woodworkers will know what glue to use, and how much, and possibly own a couple of clamps...
I will be the galoot of the future...
--
Jack
On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:13:49 -0500, "MikeWhy"

I don't want to be too harsh either, Bubba, but - is English your first language?
Regards,

My dear Mr. Watson,
Something you have NEVER done is bore me.
Yr. obt. svt.
djb
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Amen to dat.