Re: Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I'm looking for a mid-1960's BMW police-issue (The tall tank and white) 600 cc motorcycle. Found a great source for parts and he claims some of that style have made it over here, but my best luck would be to find one in Germany or The Netherlands. oops.. this is a woodworking group. Well, you DID say 'toys'.

Reply to
Robatoy

He is. I am trying to figure out where to put solar panels as I am planning to reside my house. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Humph! I just want people to be comfortably warm, well fed, and empowered/challenged to realize their best creative dreams...

Now, how corrupting is that?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I believe that was more or less the gist of what Eve said to Adam.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Hmm - I'm inclined to believe Adam was a sourpuss who couldn't take a ribbing...

...and I'm inclined to believe that they weren't actually driven out of a garden - rather that they took for granted, then forgot, the gifts all around them.

Scapegoating Eve doesn't seem to have improved anything. Perhaps it's time to let go of that lame old excuse and rediscover forgotten gifts.

Today I'm liking sweet song from the next room and sunbeams thru my windows...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

So, in the not too distant future, all my big iron and power tools will be considered used for making hand made furniture, and I am the Galoot of the future?

Reply to
Jack Stein

If your shop only ever produces dovetails and mortises, yes. You're already far behind! Get moving.

Reply to
MikeWhy

I do make dovetails by hand, with a hand held router. Also make mortises by hand, with a mortising machine. I joint edges by running planks over my jointer, by hand. I'll probably still be doing this stuff by hand when the rest of the world just plugs in their CNC router, turns on the PC with a drawing (sketchup no doubt) and a big hunk of wood magically becomes a dining room table, or a sign, or a lamp, or a pencil holder. Woodworkers will know what glue to use, and how much, and possibly own a couple of clamps...

I will be the galoot of the future...

Reply to
Jack Stein