Re: Whooda thunkit!

Page 1 of 2
That's about 9,424.77 board feet.
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
I made a mistake in my first calculation (used the diameter in place of the radius).
The correct answer is 2,356.2 board feet.
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Well...if it is that diameter(30 inches) for the whole log (40 feet), the log would yield over 1600 board feet. But I am betting that there is some decrease in the diameter as it rises. If you, or anyone else wants to figure these kind of things out, there is a link for a log volume calculator: http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/calculators/calc.pl
Happy logging, Paul

Dem some big sticks, Jums.
If the diameter is really 30", the volume of a cylinder 40' tall would be 196.3495 cu ft. At 12bdft per cuft you've got 2356.194 bdft. Multiply that times 3 gives ya 7068.583 bdft.
Of course, this doesn't allow for conversion loss, grading loss, etc.
As it's Jummywood - the waste factor will be 100% ;o)
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
pixelated:

Atta Boy, Tom.
P.S: It (jummywood) is never capitalized.
- Better Living Through Denial ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases
"Larry Jaques" grabbed the porcelain gods when he wrote in message:

Never capitallized larry - well then l.j. . . . . . just remember that Jummywood is a soft form of Jarrah. Beautiful - distinctive grain - and very easy on the sawblades. (you damn heathern!)
JUMS - (and that's MR. Jums to you jacques.) yup mispelled on porpoise!

Dat be like sayin dat Momma Cass is a soft form of Marilyn Monroe.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
ROTFLMAO! Mama Cass "wood've" had Marilyn for a snack cake!
But then again - so "wood" I! :-)
Jums

pixelated:

I think the Texican got the wrong little mushrooms on his salad last night.
- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - -------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Web App & Database Programming

not phunny Tom - not even close! :-)
Jums
pixelated:

96 hours of nice, big bonfire, sir.
- Better Living Through Denial ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Y'all should try to help Jums out by being more specifical, LJ.
Jums has about 589 cubic feet of jummywood.
When he dries it out nice like, it'll be about 26 pounds per cubic foot, or about 15315 pounds.
At 1134 calories per pound, Jums will have about 17367210 calories of jummywood.
I'm guessing that's more than all our ex wives put together lost at Weight Watchers.
Maybe not.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
"Tom Watson" in the true shadows of L.J. wrote in message:

Damn straight "maybe not" Tom. This is fat free Jummywood. Therefore you must recalculate your figures - and go weigh-in your ex wives. (Please leave mine out of the mix - the last thing I want to see right now is and ex on a scale - unless of course it's a scale you weigh fish on whilst going off-shore!) :-)
Jums P.S. I noticed you failed to capitalize the word Jummywood in your response so I've managed to edit it for you. Please don't let this happen again. Show some respect! :-)
"Larry Jaques" while still hugging the bowl, wrote in message:

Hrumph . . . . why you - you big - you . . . excommunicated Californican!
Jums

I wonder does that new house come with tires on it or not?

Sorry - not in east Texs. :-)

pixelated:

Speaking of tires and Texicans, found this on rec.metalheads today and thought of Jums. Did he drive an Olds?
-snip- Aggie desides he wants to parachute jump. He rents a chute, hires a plane, goes up and jumps out. He pulls the cord and nothing happens. He starts to worry but then sees another Aggie flying up towards him. As they pass he yells "Do you know anything about parachutes?". The other Aggie flys past him and yells "No, do you know anything about welding propane tanks?"
And as the Aggie continued his descent, he passed a fellow Aggie who had jumped moments earlier was under chute in a normal descent. As he rocketed past, that Aggie did a double take, said "Oh, you wanna race, huh?" and smacked his quick release, shrugged his harness off, and took off after his buddy.
As it happened, the chuteless Aggies hit the ground in drive in movie theater that was, thankfully, not occupied because it was daytime.
But the police and emergency crews responding to the scene found an dusty Olds Vista Cruiser setting in the drive in that contained the desiccated remains of a family of seven. The car had an Aggie sticker on it and it was later determined that the family perished while waiting for "Closed For The Season" to start. -snip-
- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
OK,, Jim congratulations.......where at?

Woodland Trails.
Jums

Oh.... North East Texas... :~)