Re: Which drill use to insert #6 screws?

Faustino Dina wrote:

See:
http://www.alliedbolt.com/pil_hole_chrt.htm
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Thanks a lot, that is just what I was looking for...!!!

Ah, ok, I undestand. Initially I though it was the wide hole used to let the head of the screw to stay recessed inside the wood. When screwing by hand it is some times difficult to screw enought that the screw head penetrates totally inside the wood. But for this I can use any thick drill, it's not so critical. Thanks for all Faustino

I disagree with another answer, the shank is the non threaded portion of a bolt or screw. e.g. on a cariage bolt.

of the HF set??
TomL