Re: Whatever happened to the Routerchuck idea?

I believe it went down in flames as the drawbacks were probably greater than the advantages.
Several styles became available. IIRC some took up too much room, some were not well balanced and some still required a wrench, although a hex wrench rather than an open end wrench.

I don't know if the Jacobs unit is still available. It was reported not to work to well. It was also quite a bit longer than I would want on the end of my router (bad for bearings, invitation to chatter). PC makes one that tightens with an Allen wrench. Looks to be a much better unit.

Thanks for the update. Sometimes it's hard to track this stuff over time. Once a thing disappears, almost nobody archives the data.