Re: What would have prevented my wooden missile?

There's plenty of ways to get nailed by stuff flying from your table saw. There's also several things you can do to discourage your saw and/or wood from getting you. Put this stuff together in hopes of saving someone some grief. If you understand the mechanics of "kickback" the solutions make a lot more sense.
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/KickBack1.html
hope this saves you some grief.
charlie b
Charlie!
Not too crazy about Comcast, but, boy, do I like your web page's safety section! GREAT site. KUDOS! Couldn'ta said it better m'self.
Would you object to linking to your site from my HCS Alumni On The Web pages? It's a high school alumni web site and fairly popular, but not more than about 50 hits a day at the most, during homecomings, things like that. I will respect your wishes and accept any suggestions you may also have.
Pop
PS - Respond on the Group only, please.

You're more than welcome to link to the Kickback pages. I put that stuff together in hopes that the information would save someone some grief - and maybe some stitches.
charlie b