Re: What to take to bed with you

Good idea but before relying on this to work properly you should test the range. I have never had a vehicle that this would work on from inside my house and even in a parking lot I have to be within about 30 feet.

You have to have a vehicle with a car alarm in order for this to work.
I keep pressing my keys and nothing happens!
On 01/11/2010 05:57 PM, Scott Zrubek wrote:

Technically,no. Mine doesn't have an alarm, but does have a "panic" button on the back of the remote key fob that triggers the lights and horn.
Chris

Yeah, all of my vehicles had and have this feature.

None of mine ever have: '66 Mustang, '72 Pickup, '82 Honda, '89 Pickup, '93 Taurus, '99 Pickup.
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:28:53 -0600, the infamous Scott Zrubek

My new Tundra is the first I've had with an electronic fob. Egad, that sounds indecent!
-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Well keyless entry 25 years ago and further back was an option and was at an extra cost. With keyless entry naturally came the ability to wire into the vehicle horn to act as an alarm. Now days it is pretty common for a vehicle to have all of those features as standard in all but the entry level trim levels.

Agreed. This probably applies to the majority, but not vast majority of people and is still very good advice in most cases.
Our family is at 50% coverage if you don't include the bikes.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Let me rephrase that. Many of my vehicles had, going back to 1986 and all of my current, have. Basically I have had 6 vehicles that have had keyless and alarms with panic buttons on the key fob.

I have one, a 2000 Stratus. I took that GD fob off my key ring years ago, because every third time I slid into the driver's seat, that POS starting the car flashing its lights and blowing its horn. I have no idea where it is now. It's possible I took it off and stomped it one day when I was in a bad mood.
I have a dog. No one has to press her button to wake us up. After that, it's up to the fool as to what he does. One way draws at least one barrel of a 20 gauge.

I have one, a 2000 Stratus. I took that GD fob off my key ring years ago, because every third time I slid into the driver's seat, that POS starting the car flashing its lights and blowing its horn. I have no idea where it is now. It's possible I took it off and stomped it one day when I was in a bad mood.
Dang Charlie.... If you don't disarm the alarm isn't it suppose to go off when you open the door and slide in.... ;~)
I have a dog. No one has to press her button to wake us up. After that, it's up to the fool as to what he does. One way draws at least one barrel of a 20 gauge.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Could work, but don't count on the neighbors. Most will just roll over and say "that idiot's car alarm is going off again" and try to get back to sleep. There are so many false alarms, people tend not to bother.
If someone is lurking outside your house, it may be enough to scare them away.

I accidentally hit the panic button on my car keys about once a fortnight. We have two cars with the same key, so I'm never sure which one it is I've got to turn off!

Puckdropper