Re: what should I use to quite the squeaking in my wood floors .

Screws.
Hit the library or a used book store for home repair texts. Three methods come immediately to mind, which pertain in different circumstances.
Fix floor to the joists, curtail movement of joists with crossbraces, lube with talc or similar if neither of the other are possible.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Kathy Wehrle) wrote:
Screws, cross bracing, gluing plywood to sides of floor joists, doubling joists, and what would have really helped, your contractor should have used construction adhesive on the top of the joists before laying down the subflooring.
Pick your poison,
Wes