Re: What is it? LXXXII

oops. i meant "number 474..." and "...off the INSIDE of the tubes in a

> steam engine...." did/do heat exchanger tubes in a steam engine get cruddy? > or i guess maybe even a stationary boiler.

Nope, not for steam engines. Also it wasn't made to have extensions added to it.

i went to china in 1986 and they were still using steam engines there. it > was marvelous to ride through the terraced hills of china on a fire > breathing dragon. i WISH i had the presence of mind to have begged or > bribed a ride in the engine!!! one night i stayed in a hotel near a train > yard and it was wonderful to hear a steam engine starting up with a heavy > load ("CHUFF CHUFF CHUFF") then the drive wheels breaking loose > ("chuffchuffchuffchuffchuff") and the engineer cutting the power and > starting up again ("CHUFF CHUFF CHUFF") was wonderful. like time travel.

Sounds like fun.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

[snip]

Yep...I'm a bit of a fiber geek, so I'm picky about it...

yours, Michael

Reply to
Michael Houghton

I found quite a few flax tools that look much like this one, do you know if there is a difference between wool and flax combs?

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

It might be a flax tool. It isn't a card, though.

yours, Michael

Reply to
Michael Houghton