Re: What is it? LVII

321 Puzzle block 323 Oxy-acetylene cutting tip (Probably Victor) 324 Staples 325 Jar wrench

Without looking at the answers so far...
321 - An optical illusion. The dovetails run at 45 degrees to the sides, not perpendicular
322 - A cobblers tool of some sort?
323 - Grease or compressed air nipple
On the rest, I'm drawing a blank...
--
One site: <http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww links<http://www.woodenwabbits.com
On 13 Apr 2005 21:35:25 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

Cutting torch tip for acetylene. The outer holes have the heater flame (mixed gas) and the inner jet is the separately controlled cutting oxygen.
Heater jets are wrong for oxy-propane. Oxy-propane nozzles have more and smaller holes, are generally dismantlable for cleaning and their outer sleeve is often brass.
Five of the six have been correctly answered so far:
321. Double dovetail puzzle, made from two solid pieces of wood.
322.
323. Cutting torch tip
324. Contour gauge
325. Jar opener
326. I-Beam clamp
Rob
Is 322 a cooper's tool?
--
Fred R
________________

This one isn't a cooper's tool.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

A farrier's buttress for removing horseshoes.
Kevin Gallimore
-

Correct, though I've heard it's for paring hooves, not sure if it's for removing horseshoes. It's also called a butteris.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

I cannot claim authority, as I have never used one. The position one has to assume for operation doesn't appeal to me :)
Kevin Gallimore
-
Farrier's tool. For trimming hooves.
No country boys here?
John Martin

seen one use a tool like that. Could someone who knows something about it explain how it is used?
Sarah W.

My brother's a farrier... Never seen that tool in his truck.
--
One site: <http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww links<http://www.woodenwabbits.com

This one is an antique, I'm sure they have different tools now that serve the same purpose.
Rob