Re: What is it? LV - new

308 Stair Guides 309 Dolly - Metalworking 310 Pencil Sharpener 311 Leather Punch? 312 Its laying on its side 313 Bone Saw? 314 Mechanical Calculator
Dave
Here goes nothin',
308. Don't know official name, but they are placed on a framing square to layout stair treads.
309. A dolly for metal working. It resembles my heel dolly, but with more rounded corners.
310. Don't know what this one is, looks like the material is brass, no size given.
311. Looks like a leather (or gasket) punch with extra "spikes", possibly for a fastener, maybe a snap?
312. The way the pieces are aligned makes it hard to tell the size of the pieces, that is probably intentional. My only guess is that the pieces get smaller as they go up.
313. Miniature hacksaw, very handy.
314. Haven't a clue, although based on recent posts I might hazard a guess that it is photographic in nature.
Jim

The pieces are all the same size.
Rob

311. Fitting tool for "Lift the Dot" fasteners (hood covers on British sportscars)
I've seen and used these things many times, but only with home-made tools. I've never seen the "original" tool in the wild.

The guy I bought it from had it in a box of full of old cobbler's tools but I'm sure that this one was also used for other purposes than making shoes.
Rob

You and me both!
They get some coverage in this site...
http://www.hpmuseum.org/hpmuseum.html
Erik
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:54:13 -0600, "B.B."

Thankyou ! It now has a name 8-)

THANK YOU.
The Curta is mine. I have a tutorial pamphlet, but it assumes you already know the basics of how to use the thing. This is the first time I've seen a manual.
Now I can learn how to use it. Woo-hoo!
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
Mark Shaw wrote:

Scienctific America with 2004/2005 would also be useful. They have an article giving a very good analysis.
This site will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about your Curta, even how to take it apart and fix it.
http://www.vcalc.net/cu.htm
Art

-- Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm ======================================================================="The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny....'" - Isaac Asimov