Re: What is it? LII

288 Exposure meter 290 is a ceramic insulator 291 is an eraser shield. Besides drafting, is was used for typing--in the days before whiteout and deletion paper. 293 looks like a collectible piece of barbed wire 295 is a corrugated fastener--they were driven into the end grain of wooden boards to hold them together. A very common use was on the end boards of wooden produce boxes. These used to be called by a politically incorrect, offensive name

One you had recently, that I no longer see--an iron meteorite. I ran across one for sale at a flea market last weekend.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

And what name might that be? You can rot13 it, if you're worried about the Morals Police.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise
[...]