Re: What is it? CXXII

Page 2 of 2

When I bought this tool I didn't know what it was for, then last week I saw another one just like it marked "barbed wire stretching tool". I haven't been able to verify this, but as you mention it seems that the slots in the side would work well at holding the barbs for stretching the wire.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

It looks like something I'd want in my tool box in certain situations. The fingers along the sides would be good for picking up the loop at the end of a tension spring to stretch it for installing or removal.
The forked ends would fit around two general rod diameters to pry and compress a coil spring around the rod so that the key holding the spring could be removed or installed.

Backseat driver's tool ;-)
Carl G.