Re: What is it? CVIII

Yup, I do believe you got it. Sure does resemble a capstan though. Guess my head was in the wrong pew this morning.
--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.

hub I meant, not axle.
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

I'm using a time server, so it should be right on my Mac. But yes, I'm in a different time zone than you are. Central European Time & 1 hour daylight saving. So it is GMT +2:00
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Mller) writes:

The hour, minute and second seem to be right, but the day is not, and that is no April fools joke.

Now today is the first of april and saturday. Here in Germany at least. My computer says 4/1. My previous posting was on friday and that was the 31. of march. That perfectly matches the postings' headers.
And Jrgen, what are _you_ doing _here_? Coming over from woodworking? :-))

really?
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Hey Nick,
Just because of the thread, see the following:
Think about this one ! ! ! ! ! On Wednesday, April 5 , at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00AM in the morning, the time and date will be--------
01:02:03 04/05/06. A unique incident.......... Never to be seen again.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DJ On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:19:12 +0200, snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Mller) wrote:

Sure it will - in 2106, 2206, 2306, 2406,...10006 or until the IRS gets off Willie Nelson's back!
On 03/04/06 6:21 PM, RAM wrote:

If you follow the UK method of writing dates it will also occur on the 4th of May this year!
Brian Lawson wrote: (and top-posted)

2006-04-06 01:02:03 Lets have some standards. ISO etc.

Your reply belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material, after snipping anything not germane.
on 03/04/2006 or, 04/03/2006??
Brian Lawson mentioned ....
Think about this one ! ! ! ! ! On Wednesday, April 5 , at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00AM in the morning, the time and date will be--------
01:02:03 04/05/06. A unique incident.......... Never to be seen again.................
John replied , .. with a twinkle in his eye! ...
Aha!, fraid it will good friend, we in the UK put the day before the month, so, we'll not see this date until May 4th 2006. For those of you that missed this 'unique' event, don't worry ..... it happens again in 2106! Perhaps we'll miss that one?!! ;-))
Yours in woodsap John -- Remove 'spamfree' to reply
Rich Grise writes:

Or how about an umbrella handle?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto, snipped-for-privacy@vex.net
"Have you ever heard [my honesty] questioned?"