Re: What is it? CVI

#616 is an electric cigarette lighter. I collect ones that are made of glass, there are dozens of variations.
Dennis
612--35mm film sprocket. Could be from a camera or a projector 613--Bottle capper 614--The end of a "single-tree" or "double tree." The horses pull on this to pull whatever it is they are pulling. 615--Window shade trimmer. I used to have one in my paint store. 616--Looks to me like a phone or mike. With no receiver hook, more likely a mike. Could also be a stand for a speaker, with the horn missing. Cigar lighter? Hadn't thought of that.

That's it! You think the brain could come up with single or double-tree this morning?
--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.

Yes, it does seem like the heating elements were made to fit into a pipe, it was marked cigar lighter so that was my default answer. I found an old advertisement on ebay for one of these, in the ad they don't limit themselves to any particular type of smoke, it says "For cigar, cigarette and pipe":
http://cgi.ebay.com/1926-HOLD-HEET-Electric-Match-Ad-For-Cigar-Cigarette_W0QQitemZ6250334760QQcategoryZ595QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/1926-HOLD-HEET-Electric-Match-Ad-For-Cigar-Cigarette_W0QQitemZ6250334760QQcategoryZ595QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
From RCM nothing to do with the puzzles but I was stunned and incredibly pleased to seethe advert for "The Way Things Go". My VHS copy (taped off PBS )wore out from the number of people who borrowed it.
the DVD will be ordered within the week.
V McNeil
--
--------
There is no such thing as thanks in advance

You may be right, it would make more sense to saw the wood first. I had shown this to a number of people before posting here and guesses included:
nut cracker wood splitter clothes line pole top plant stalk splitter
Looks like I showed it to too many city slickers.
Rob

    I grew up with a horse in the back yard, but it was never hitched to anything for drawing, so I did not have any familiarity with the equipment used in that.
    Of the four guesses listed above, I would have only considered the clothes line pole top to be a possible, and not very probable, as it was too good for the purpose. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
P.S.    I've been collecting things to photograph to supply you with some     more strange items.

Sounds good, send them to me whenever you get around to shooting them, I've got enough items to last a while but I always enjoy seeing new things. Anyone else should also feel free to send photos to me if they have something appropriate for the site.
Rob