Re: What is a scarf joint?

I came across the one man boat plans and it calls for a scarf joint. Not

> sure what this is. > Anyone help on this?

It's an angled butt joint. Cut two pieces at an angle, attach them end grain to end grain.

Then wrap with a scarf soaked in glue. Wool scarves work best, but polyester will do in a pinch. You can also use an old towel, or one of SWMBO's fancy linen napkins you're too stupid to figure out how to use properly.

Reply to
Silvan

All joints are scarf joints - you smoke one then you gotta scarf down!

: I came across the one man boat plans and it calls for a scarf joint. Not : sure what this is. : Anyone help on this?

: Rich

Reply to
yomamma