Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

geoff

writes

Well, don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't say you're stupid, just crude and unimaginative.
-- Ed Huntress

Would you please trim the "rec." groups from your rants, hypocrite t?
Thanks.
Slater
SL8 snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM writes

you reply including uk.d-i-y in your header, I'll reply back with abuse
OK ?
now fuck off
--
geoff

Another stupid turd heard from.
Turd = Shit rhymes with Brit.
Gunner

now as I said
"can you please remove uk.d-i-y from your x-posts thanks in anticipation that you are intelligent enough to do this"
--
geoff

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:55:30 -0700, Gunner Asch

You could stay with one email address. Or do you need to bypass kill files cause you need to be heard?
The question is rhetorical.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Yes, and where is the limiting parts?
Gunner

Its right there, in the same sentence.

Count the number of postings in this thread. Divide by the number of letters in the average post. Multiply by .084757836 and you get the secret code for "idiot".
People screeching in this newsgroup on OT subjects have the credibility of anyone screeching from atop a step ladder on the corner in a major city.
Everything in its time and place. Usenet has provided a place for bloggers and kooks to get an imprisoned audience where they can spew their spew cheaply. They just don't have the common sense to know that they look like idiots, and are read mostly by other idiots.
Were they credible debaters, statesmen, politicians, informed voters, or just the common Joe interested in current events, they'd spend half as much time ACTIVELY following these events and making a change.
And just because it has most posts doesn't mean that it has the most interest. There is a legion of people here who post endlessly, but nothing about the actual topic of the newsgroup.
You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh .....................
I bet you go to parties and gatherings and just screech and prattle on endlessly about whatever you want, and are terminal boors.
Steve
SteveB wrote:
| You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh
Which of the three newsgroups you posted to is "this newsgroup"?
:-)

Well, I guess that would be the three where this inane discussion is taking place, wouldn't it?
Steve
SteveB wrote:
| || SteveB wrote: || ||| You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh || || Which of the three newsgroups you posted to is "this newsgroup"? || || :-) | | Well, I guess that would be the three where this inane discussion | is taking place, wouldn't it?
Ok, since the conversation(s) have wandered a bit afield, I'm happy to help you out with this subthread by prepending "[OT]" to the subject so you can filter more conveniently for all three of this newsgroup.
HTH

First of all, Morris, thank you for the response to my part of thread some way back...(You know the one, and I don't give a rat's ass if nobody else does.. =o) Now, about the inanity of it all (If it isn't a word, maybe it is now?) Sometimes I like it when a thread wanders a bit. The discussion may not be on topic, but it can still be informative. Then again, sometimes the beak throttles up-side pocket.... if you catch my drift.
Robatoy wrote:
| Sometimes I like it when a thread wanders a bit. The discussion may | not be on topic, but it can still be informative. Then again, | sometimes the beak throttles up-side pocket.... if you catch my | drift.
Y'know, I'd just been thinking that it'd been awhile since there'd been a good venting on the wreck...

All newsgroup discussions are off topic by the 30th post ;-)
That's also about when the mud slinging and flaming takes over and there are only a few posters left.
Sortta like being in a bar ;-)
But still much better than the spam bots and the idiots that think cancel message is actually enabled on a public newsgroup server.
-larry / dallas
larry wrote:

Oh yeah?
--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.
Morris Dovey wrote:

OT isn't allowed on RCM. Our resident net Nazi gets upset about OT posts.
prove it.
Michael A. Terrell wrote: | Morris Dovey wrote: || || SteveB wrote:
> [...]
Bummer. You have my condolances. The folks here on rec.woodworking have decided that putting up with net nannies/control freaks is worse than the occasional off-topic thread - and one of our regulars maintains a filtering package for those who'd prefer not to see the OT threads (or the occasionally really nasty garbage posts) at all.
Normally (but obviously not always) we add "OT" to the subject to facilitate filtering, and it works fairly well. RW (the "wreck") is a fairly convivial group - and occasionally the people who've gotten to know each other here do enjoy OT side discussions. The antisocial types who pop in and object are generally held in low regard - the wreck values right answers, but not people who're all about _being_ right.
I'll gladly trim RCM from my future responses. :-)

I think his point is valid for any of them.