Re: What brand of square has 3 brass diamonds inlaid in it?

Sounds like an old Irwin Marples, not made anymore, as that company was disolved. But, it could be a current make of Joseph Marples, your description of which I did just see, on their site: http://www.marples.co.uk/ But that stuff is expenseevo! Look in the "New Trial 1" link, I think sold at The Best Things. I would like to have their Trial 1 Mortice scribe guage.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

I think Footprint (England) did that...
george wrote:

like them because they hold an edge fairly well.
Dave