Re: Well, today we lost the first amendment in the US

Charles writes:

These are not pop-ups. They are part of a form that the Post insists you fill out to get access to their paper. It has some flaws.
I had forgotten how irritating it was. I hope I don't again.
Charlie Self
"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower
brought forth from the murky depths:

Way to go Sandy. You go, girl! Dittoes to McCain and Feingold. Even if their concepts are too narrow, it's a start; a step in the right direction.
Another way to slow corruption is to communalize troughs, banning individual contributions to a given candidate. All campaign money for an office would go into a single till and would be divvied up equally between valid office seekers 3 weeks before the vote. This would equalize their odds and help rule out curried favors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I sent in my $5, so * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html why haven't I been 'saved'? * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts
Larry Jaques writes:

Yes. Not bad. No matter who puts it in, it goes in the pot, which gets sliced as soon as it gels...and is doled out to acceptable candidates (who sets the acceptability rules, though?).
At the same time, we need some kinds of timing limits, similar to the system the Brits use. 90 days and no more. Anyone, incumbent or otherwise, who tries campaigning ahead of time is automatically penalized...say 250,000 votes per incident in Presidential elections; 75,000 votes per incident in Congressional runs for the bucks.
Charlie Self
"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

There are at least two problems with that approach:
1) Who determines who is, and who is not, a "valid office seeker"? The opportunities for graft and corruption there are at least as great as they are now.
2) Funding election campaigns with public money, that is, with the taxpayers' money, compels at least some, if not most, of the populace to fund the election campaigns of candidates whose views they oppose. Any way you look at it, that's just wrong.

----------- When I tried it it only asked for gender, year of birth and country I was in. Then off it went to the page. No forms, no adds nothing. My firewall may have killed the adds but it doesn't kill forms.
Try telling them you are in the UK.
gandalf wrote:

I always tell everyone I'm from Upper Slobobia.
Jenny Qztpxrn 555B Blarzwtfzl Frztwp, Qztrn Faz Upper Slobobia, 90210
22-44-66-88-867-5309
:)