Re: Wedding Ring Box Plans?

Turn one. Easy thing to do. Else, a Forstner bit of appropriate size for the interior, hole saws for exterior. Start the hole saw with the center bit proud of the saw, then retract and let it edge guide.
Sometimes it works out great . Old gal and I have 36 in the past already, more to come.

Congrats David. You might want to look at this site prior to starting your new project. :-)
http://www.futurecollectibles.com/worldssmallest.htm
Jums

Hi David,
Check out Tony Lydgate's box books at the library or bookstore, one has a nice single ring box you might like.
Good luck!
Craig in Clarkston, MI

How about scaling down plans for a "plain pine box" coffin?
Oops .... Just kidding Kate (;-)
Yes, the box is rarely used, maybe once when presenting it, but anything to make the moment more special is worth it!
Could you elaborate just a little bit on the jigsaw peg bandsaw box? Sounds like a good idea.

I don't have any pictures, but "Slide-apart ring" http://www.jarkman.co.uk/catalog/jewel/jewel.htm is the general idea.
I've made "puzzle" boxes like this from 2" ivy or fruitwood where there have been half-a-dozen pieces to slide out in sequence.
Making them is hard until you grok how to do it, then gets much easier. The trick is to sketch them out completely, but to saw the smallest peg first and then on to the largest lid.
If you saw the pegs on a taper and over-length, you can slide them deeper in and compensate for the saw kerf thickness.
David P wrote:

Guess it depends on how long you plan to keep her. :)
It's really sad to think that way. All of my old friends from high school and college are divorced. Some twice.
Crazy me, I've been married for a tad less than 10 years now. Hell, we've only gotten worked up enough to have a good knock down, drag-out fight two or three times in all these years.
I think it's because we're both really, really lazy. Fighting is hard work, and being mad consumes too much energy, so we rarely bother.
Good luck to you and the future Mrs. This thread has given me some ideas for making up a nifty little box to house the expensive dongle *my* Mrs. is expecting to get for out 10th. I'd better get busy on that. I need to sell a kidney or something before January. :)
Same here with all my friends divorced, that's why I've waited soooo long (I'm in my thirties now) and I've dated this gal for six years! I got somewhat of a hint that there won't be a seventh without a ring on the finger....lol.
I'll be picking up my expensive dongle this Thursday. I'm not sure who will be crying the most, her when she gets the ring, or me when I pay for it. ;)

Andy Dingley wrote:

If you wear it often enough, it leaves a ring in your skin that makes it really hard to pick up women.
(I think SWMBO likes it that way for some reason... :)