Re: WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death.

disgruntled employee no doubt,
Well yes and no if you go to the B&D web site they have all their recall's listed, Mine was for a switch on my cordless 15.6 drill. He simply embellished the warnings with "MAY CAUSE FIRE INJURY DEATH". Puff

Puff Griffis wrote:

Wonder how far that loose battery has to fall before it gets up enough inertia to cause an injury more severe than "ouch, dropped the !@#$%^&* battery on my toe"?

--
--John

put some of my post

to make it easier to read.
randy

You're up a ladder using it and it falls just as a young child walks under the drill just as the battery falls off...
Guy wrote:

--
--John

You're working in your Titan II missile silo and you drop the battery
http://asms.k12.ar.us/armem/ha/ACCIDENT.HTM
I was there a year after...
A socket was dropped (not a battery). It was a 5 lb socket, about the size of a softball. It fell approximately 8 stories. It bounced off the wall and ricocheted into the missile near the bottom. It punctured a tank (quarter inch steel) full of extremely toxic liquid. As the liquid escaped, the structural integrity of the entire missile slowly deteriorated. When the lower tank (the punctured one) finally collapsed, the fall released the oxidizer, creating a hypergolic ignition of all the fuel, all at once.
Kaboom.
The warhead was found (intact) in a field about a mile away.
Many procedures changed, including installing safety "nets" whenever workmen were working.
Indyrose

Indyrose wrote:

Fiction.
Well, not ALL fiction, mostly though.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
A loooooooooooooooooong way <grin> Puff

Quite a way, I suspect. I've been using a DeWalt 18v cordless for almost 4 years, and the battery has never fallen out... though the plastic bit on the chuck is a little loose after prolonged heavy use. And my Black and Decker 10" miter saw is a trooper as well.
Good products, despite the err... "serious risk" of injury and death :)
The recall for the DW705 type 1 miter saw is 10 years old. Sounds like old info to me.

THEY ARE MADE BY ARABS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL US!

Naaahh... they were just manufactured to Wal-Mart's spec's.

Was it *really* necessary to quote over 130 lines for a one line reply and cross post it to the pictures news group.?