Re: view rec.woodworking in a new way

Or maybe it's all some twisted Kanukistani plot to drum up more business for that two-bit outfit called Lee Valley.

Reply to
Silvan

When? Where?

Whoopie. He also thinks that WMD have been found in Iraq and that Clinton killed Vince Foster.

That's a poll, not democracy.

Huh? Are you calling Doug a coward for hiding his name and address?

Reply to
p_j

That's an understatement to say the least.

Thanks for the reminder.

Reply to
p_j

What better than a couple of lynch mob/kidney punchers to explain anon remailers.

Reply to
p_j

give it a break will ya....

Reply to
Bob S.

Ummm, no, actually I didn't say that. I *have* said that failure to find them does not equal proof that they were never there.

Jeeez. That was tongue-in-cheek, but I guess it was a bit too subtle for you.

I'm not hiding my name -- that's my real name. My email address is in the signature line of all my posts. *You* OTOH *are* hiding *your* name.

Doug Miller

Hey, what the hell. Some months ago, a woman told me I was exceptionally selfish, as shown by my "handle," Charlie Self.

Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Reply to
Charlie Self

snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote in news:a0084$406e100b$44a75e7a$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Less "revisionist" than "mediocre memory" :-)

It's probably the case that penet was the only anonymizer that stuck around long enough back then that someone not looking for an anonymizer (e.g. me) would see it.

Penet was abused - I'd never have noticed it if it wasn't for the trolls using it. Granted, the trolls posting thru penet didn't stick around long, which both shows that abuse can be controlled and that penet did so (unlike nym.alias.net).

I guess I heard that somewhere along the line, without ever getting the details. I just knew penet went away (and about a year later, a lot of much less well run anonymizers appeared in it's place).

John

Reply to
John McCoy