Re: Unwanted stain from dark sawdust

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Surprised it would actually stain unless one or the other (or both) were awfully damp...but, that aside, a little oxalic acid should do the trick...

Probably not - tannic acid is a very good stain. Might not be too deep, though, so sanding might be an option for you?

that
Not really. The frame is already stained and I don't think I can match the stain after sanding. Fortunately the discoloration is only on the edge because the frame was standing on edge when it happened.
Thanks.
--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

No - "vandyke crystals" are a well known stain - they're made of walnut husk extract ! You _might_ bleach it out with a hypochlorite bleach (common household bleach), but this is more likely to cause more unevenness than it solves. You can always sand it, if there's suitable access.
I'd make a weak solution of vandyke, or walnut sawdust, in water and stain the rest of the frame to match. It's a close enough colour match that oak shouldn;t look out of place with it.
--
Smert' spamionam