Re: Unfunny: What's the difference between Vietnam and Iraq?

Obviously you do not know all the facts as to why we are losing so many of our troops. When an enemy has no rules and the battlefield and fighting are directed and decided by lawyers to avoid collatteral damage, and not the experts (Generals) many of our troops will die. CENTCOM has several lawyers watching the battlefield on TV monitors they decide who what, where, and when we can shoot or drop bombs. If you don't believe this read Gen. Tommy Franks book "American Soldier". Like Nam we are a Police Force not as occupiers who invade destroy without question anything and anyone, including leveling Mosques, who resists.

What's the difference between Vietnam and Iraq? > > Dubya had a plan to get out of Vietnam. > > ... > > US fatalities: 1106 (US wounded: 8016) > Fatalities since Bush said "Mission accomplished": 997 > Fatalities since Bush said "Bring it on": 900 > Number of casualties shared by Bush's stellar coalition of 30+ > nations: 68 UK / 72 other. > >
dteckie