Re: Turner on HGTV

Take note: that is 8am Eastern - 7 Central - check locally!!

5AM out here (DVR already set)
Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

On Feb 13, 9:33=A0pm, "John Grossbohlin" wrote: whimsical circle of fish and a bottle stopper.

Thanks for the tip. I set the show up to record the series.

Your friend is obviously very skillful. Does he make the circle of fish thing on a whim or does he make them to sell? When items like that are so labor intensive they should bring a good price to pay the crafter for skill and labor.

Is there a market for these that will give him a fair price?

Reply to
KIMOSABE

Keith sells in the gallery market... It is always interesting to see his latest work! We've got a number of guys in our group who are working at or near that level, e.g.,. Carl Ford, Matt Clarke, Steve Sherman, John Franklin, and Paul Pietre. Here's a few links:

year Totally Turning is going on at the same venue as my club's show on the same weekend... last weekend of March:

John Grossbohlin

is outrageous.

Reply to
kimosabe

I'd have loved to have seen that show. If it's going to be re-aired, someone please let us know!

Anyone know how that sculpture on his homepage was made?

Reply to
sbnjhfty

Go to the web site for Carolina Mountain Woodturners:

then click on newsletters along the right hand side then select December

2008. Keith was the dem>>
Reply to
Russ Stanton

Go to the web site for Carolina Mountain Woodturners:

click on newsletters along the right hand side and then select December

2008. Keith was the dem>>
Reply to
Russ Stanton

Yeah... I've watched him demo how he does that at one of our meetings... involves turning, sawing and gluing. The Carolina Mountain Woodturners site probably gives you a good idea.

Winter Rose is one of most interesting to me...

He demoed how he makes the square blocks on the lathe--which seems absurd when you think about it!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Not to metal workers. :-)

you want to make non-square objects, It helps to have a 4-jaw non-scroll chuck.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Must be a lot of hand figuring that creates the transition from the base to the upper. I can't think of any other way to do it and the demo doesn't show it.

Very nice. What is the stem made of?

Reply to
sbnjhfty

As I recall, it's ebony.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Once folks saw it done it seemed perfectly reasonable but when he said he was going to do it it just didn't seem reasonable!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin