Re: top coat for a dining table

I always use Waterlox tung oil varnish on cherry projects. IT's easy to wipe on, it is absolutely beautiful and it's very durable. Not as durable as poly, but I like how it brings out the patina better than the poly seems to. Just make sure you wipe off the excess. John

he
else
big
Jeff Jewitt wrote an article for FWW couple of years ago about Sherwin Williams Fast Dry Oil Varnish applied with Viva paper towel. IIRC varnish and naptha 1:1 and wipe on with quarter folded towel. Three coats in a day. Use gloss instead of satin to avoid stripes. Works great. www.homesteadfinishing.com used to have search capability but I haven't looked since the site has been redone.
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:48:24 -0500, "todd"