Re: TOOL SHELF

I find myself

>with 3-4 electric drills, 3 sanders, and my circular saw. I hang them >up - usually, but that isn't working real great, so I've been looking >for ideas on holders. Came across this. It provides the basic idea, >and I'll go from there. It was just the bit of inspiration I needed. >

if I did that it would fill up the whole wall, and I'd have to separate the power toys from their accessories. I'd much rather keep them in their own cases or in kits of a few tools and the appropriate small parts. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

The shelf's a little too small for me too. For the tools that don't have a case of their own, or those I use frequently enough to make re-casing a pain then I have a foundling cabinet- a wall rack of square foot cubes- each is big enough to hold a couple of tools, or one tool plus accy's, or a mess of drill index kits, or whatevers. Even have room for a cube for books and catalogs.

/vic

Reply to
Victor Radin

I guess old habits die hard. In my days as an itinerant carpenter I kept my tools organized in canvas bags. some bags have tools of similar function, some just similar size or frequency of use. Now I have a shop and am tending to put tools in roll around cabinets full of drawers. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

child's dresser I picked up for $10. It has five drawers of various sizes, plus a cabinet with door that I added a shelf. Keeps the dust off my tools, plus any parts or manuals together that go with the tool. A bonus is the dresser top where I change bits or blades. The dresser is sugar maple. You might find one in the newspaper or "trading times" radio program. Cheaper than making your own.

Reply to
Phisherman

That, and the fact that all those tools sitting out there on shelves are going to be covered in dust after the first sanding effort. I'm starting to find that drawers and cabinets are an important part of keeping things dust-free.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita