Re: Tool ID and pulley question

wrote:

Hard to tell from the photos, but I think it's actually a wire cutter. There's a pivot pin an inch or so away from the "jaws". Why it has that odd pin-spanner like jaw isn't something I recognise.

A thread _cleaning_ die, not a thread cutting die. It's a solid die, not adjustable, so if you tried to put it onto a piece of uncut bar, you'd never turn it.

The guy who sold it to me thought it might be a barb wire tool, but he wasn't sure. I don't think it's a wire cutter, there are no sharp cutting areas as normally seen on them.

Thanks for clarifying this one.
Rob H.