Re: "The" Workbench Vice

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:41:10 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

'20s video and cowboy audio to sell bench vises?!? (Nice vice, though.)

Ahhhhhhh! Neander Heaven. I almost cccame with the sound of that #8. Eat your heart out, Paddy, wherever you are! <vbg> Normites just don't get that "scritch, scritch, scritch" sound, do they? Condolences. Dat ol' Franchman had a good bench design, oui?

_Somebody_ has a new toy. <g> Can anyone here compare it to the Lee Valley vises?

That's my favorite part in the movie Witness - where Harrison Ford is planing an edge and the sound of the plane is some sweet thing. I found out later that he was discovered while working as a carpenter. I wonder if he had any input on the planing scene. It's something only a carpenter would understand, but it's totally necessary.
Oh, and I liked Kelly McGillis' chest. :)