Re: "The" Workbench Vice

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:41:10 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

I was looking around and found this site and their work bench vice. The >short videos are wonderful. > >Enjoy! > >Glide Leg Vise >
'20s video and cowboy audio to sell bench vises?!?

(Nice vice, though.)

Roubo Bench and a little handy plane work. ;~) >
Neander Heaven. I almost cccame with the sound of that #8.

Eat your heart out, Paddy, wherever you are! Normites just don't get that "scritch, scritch, scritch" sound, do they? Condolences. Dat ol' Franchman had a good bench design, oui?

Wagon Vise >
has a new toy. Can anyone here compare it to the Lee

Valley vises?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's my favorite part in the movie Witness - where Harrison Ford is planing an edge and the sound of the plane is some sweet thing. I found out later that he was discovered while working as a carpenter. I wonder if he had any input on the planing scene. It's something only a carpenter would understand, but it's totally necessary.

Oh, and I liked Kelly McGillis' chest. :)

RicodJour