Re: that jigsaw :-(

There is nothing wrong with Bosch by any measure. I got my AEG built Milwaukee about 6 years ago and at that time I had used and was going to buy a Bosch. The salesman pointed me toward the Milwaukee and in particular the "really" quick blade change that Milwaukee offered. I was sold. Up until Bosch finally came out with a "really quick" blade change set up I'd say the Milwaukee had an edge over Milwaukee.

Don't bother unless your Bosch has the twist knob blade change set up and you want a quicker method to change blades. On a side note, like most newer saws my Milwaukee has the adjustable orbital blade adjustment for faster more aggressive cutting. Normally I leave it on non orbital to get the best cut but I was cutting 4/4 rough sawn White Oak cross grain, 11" wide. I was using a good Bosch blade and the non orbital blade setting and the cutting was relative slow. I adjusted to full orbit and the saw cut across the board in about 4 seconds. As normal, the upper edge of the cut was ragged and splintery but I was going to plane it down. Shockingly, below the surface, the end brain 1" thick was so smooth it was almost burnished.

Reply to
Leon

The super-voodoo they put on their latest offerings, the 1590/1591 as mentioned in a post above, is this little canooter valve that hangs below the shoe and grips the blade on each side in order to stabilize it. Blade Control-Lok or some such marketing name as I recall. It goes a hell of a long way to preventing what the OP describes. I don't want to minimize user-technique errors here, but that little canooter valve, which can also be disabled, goes a hell of a long way toward minimizing bevel cuts.

The OP mentions that he has a Bosch, but they still make the 1574 (albeit in China) and it is definitely not on par with the Bosch 1590/1.

Reply to
wood_newbie