Re: Teak Wood

It's not as tough as everyone makes it seem. If you are set up with carbide, you'll be fine. I sell and manufacture over 15,000 BF per month. It's my favorite wood to work. No matter how you put it in the machine, it comes out nice. No need to read grain or nothing.
If anyone disagrees, they're working with a teak wannabe such as iroke, shedua, ipe, etc.
Our caride planer knives run about 2000 BF before the need to change.
People that don't really know the specie tend to go off of what they heard rather than experience.