Re: Table Saw Woes

could be the start/run switch is not going from run to start position. Some times the little springs that pull it back to the start position get weak or break??
: I'll be back...
Warned you....
I really need to get handier with the multimeter...
Testing for AC volts:
thru power supply cord - 121 VAC thru switch CB assy - Switch off - 2.2VAC Switch on - 22.0VAC
Prognosis - bad Switch/CB ???
Not a lot accessible to test
Three wires coming to switch (power cord Hot/black, Neutral/white, Ground/green, simple blade type connections. black and white terminate at switch, green to chassis.
Three wires leaving switch to motor (black, white, green)
Switch CB Assy - neutral passes thru CB, black thru switch.
CB never 'popped' - replies include 'resetting/recycling' CB, but how is that possible if I can't get 'it' to pop ??
Both switch and CB appear to be sealed units, was a lot of sawdust (surprised me) within the plastic housing (two screws to remove)...
It's getting dark, I'll read up on use of multimeter... 'checking continuity / checking for voltage' etc...
We can eliminate motor 'dead spot', I've spun the arbor by hand.. No motor hum with power on. Abstained from compressed air, but have vacuumed. No visible/tactile evidence of a reset button on the motor itself. This is a fairly new unit (less than 2 years old)..
Plus - Free advice on the internet - isn't this a great place :-)
Rick
I had the same problem. I just figured it out. The switch is bad. I bypassed the switch and the motor worked.
pray4surf Wrote:

--
vgjuarez

Let me know how it goes.
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net
vgjuarez Wrote:

--
vgjuarez

The switch is bad. I bypassed the switch and the motor worked. I replaced the switch with a toggle switch from Radio Shack. just pull the wire ends off and plug them into the toggle switch. Piece of cake.
pray4surf Wrote:

--
vgjuarez

Try taking the switch apart and blow it out with compressed air. It has worked for me on numerous occasions.
Best Regards, Phil

<snip> Went back a little

Hey stranger :)
Drop me a line on the side (rcmr at telus dot net)
Not here too much any more...signal to noise ratio is out of whack
Rob
http://www.robswoodworking.com
Phil Anderson wrote:

--