Re: Stihl chainsaw recoil not working

Spring slip, cord not threaded through guide hole, spring broken....
If you just bought it, take it back and get it repaired. If you've outrun the warranty, open, discover, fix. I've repaired and replaced frayed ropes on mine about three or four times in the last twenty years.

Sometimes you have to take the rope out of the pulley and wind some extra tension to the spring. Try not to pull the pulley and spring out, it is a b***h to get it wound back up and back in place. If it does come apart on you, make sure it is orientated in the proper direction. DAMHIKT. Do a search here for possible more Ideas/info. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=chainsaw+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3Dalt.home.repair Thanks, Tony D

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Chris Snyder) wrote in message

Don't have my saw here , but if the spring is in backwards, it will tend to slip as you pull it the rope,(the way it does when it winds back in,IOW it wont turn the crank) Thanks, Tony D.
Had a leaf blower/vac do the same to me and the recoil sping was broken.
<snip> < It's wierd because it recoils just

<snip>